From Gethsemane to Golgotha
Each of the four Gospels tells only part of the story of Jesus . . . and all of them leave out background facts that are essential to understanding events surrounding Jesus’ arrest, trial, and crucifixion.
That’s because the Gospels were written for readers already familiar with many of the persons, places, parties, and politics that governed events in those long-past days. Not so modern readers, twenty centuries later!
Which is why Fr. Ralph Gorman has here crafted a single, unforgettable, detailed account that combines material from all four Gospels with critically-important Old Testament passages, plus relevant facts from Jewish and Roman history, laws, traditions, and practices. He also includes helpful first century military, political, geographical, and archaeological information and keen depictions of Gospel places based on his three years residence there.
A richly-textured, moment-by-moment account that brings to vivid life the powerful events that transpired between Jesus' Agony in the Garden and His death on the Cross – a narrative that actually provides a fuller treatment of the events of Passion Week than is found in any of the Gospels.
From The Last Hours of Jesus, you’ll come to learn scores of new – and often surprising – things, including:
- The exact moment that Satan entered Judas
- The dangerous political currents in Palestine that fueled the fatal events of Holy Week
- Why Jesus refused to answer many of His accusers
- Pontius Pilate: why he admired — but condemned — Jesus
- Why, so quickly, Palm Sunday’s “Hosannas” led to Good Friday’s “Crucify him!”
- Why, after His death, the Sanhedrin still feared Jesus
- And much more to enrich your knowledge, understanding, and love of Jesus!
Author: Fr. Ralph Gorman
Publisher: Sophia Institute Press
Format: Paperback 5.5"x8.5"x1"