When St. Jane Francis de Chantal encouraged St. Francis de Sales to be a bit angrier over the opposition they were facing in starting their religious order, he replied, “Would you have me lose in a quarter hour what has taken me twenty years’ hard work to acquire?
St. Francis de Sales had quite a temper when he was young. But over time he learned to convert his angry feelings into virtuous action. He knew that anger never leads to happiness. Worse, it causes tremendous harm to our relationship with God.
In the pages of Overcoming Sinful Anger, the wise Fr. Morrow shows you how to pull the rug out from beneath your anger and reclaim a life of peace and grace. You’ll come to understand the root causes of angry behavior, ways to heal painful memories, and how to deal well with your hurts and humiliations.
You’re not likely to overcome blowups and anxiety through willpower alone. You need tools that help you cultivate the habits that lead to virtuous action. You’ll discover here simple ways to influence your behavior, control your impulses, and rebuild tattered relationships.
When you follow the simple advice offered in these pages, you’ll be surprised at how quickly you’re giving up all desire for revenge, forgiving those who hurt you, and finding peace in your life. You’ll also learn:
“Father Morrow presents a practical solution to a common problem. This book can make the world a much better place."
- The difference between righteous and sinful anger.
- Why saying "Well, that’s just the way I am” could cost you your soul.
- The three root causes of every angry outburst
- The five stages of healing hurtful memories.
- How to discipline an angry child
- The three actions every Christian MUST take to overcome sinful anger.
Author: Fr. T. Morrow
Publisher: Sophia Institute Press
Kindness counts. If you have trouble acting with the consistent kindness our Lord expects, your relationships with God and those you love may be suffering.
Probably you just can't find the time and can't ever seem to develop the patience that you need in order to be consistently kind amid the irritations that afflict you daily. That's why this book is such a godsend.
There's nothing complicated or magical about learning to be kinder; it just takes greater attention to the things that you do and how you do them. The Hidden Power of Kindness shows you how to become more aware of even your most offhand daily actions. You'll find simple, step-by-step, and spiritually crucial directions for how to overcome the habitual unkindnesses that creep undetected into the behavior of even the most careful souls.
If you want to make progress in the spiritual life, you can't afford to miss the bracing insights in this handbook for souls who yearn to be kinder. They'll give you years of solid help in overcoming sin so that you'll live more fully with others and truly transform your corner of the world!
- Four ways you can become more considerate . . . immediately!
- Sympathy: why it's your spiritual responsibility to show it to others and five ways you can start doing so
- Three things to do and three things you must not do in order to grow kinder quickly
- Four surprising reasons why it's spiritually dangerous to criticize others
- Three sure-fire remedies to eliminate sinful anger from your life
- Seven ways you can turn to your own spiritual benefit the wrongs that others do to you
- Six ways you can find and root out the hidden envy that may be choking your spirit right now
- And much more to help you grow kinder and holier!
- Practical step-by-step instructions for overcoming all forms of unkindness and meanness
by Lawrence G. Lovasik
Publisher: Sophia Institute Press
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.8 inches